Based in Asheville, NC
Press / Business Contact:
115 Blannahassett Island #201
+1 828 649 7025
DescriptionLow resolution entertainment for high resolution people.
Pixeljam was created in 2005 as a creative outlet for low resolution art and animation. Shortly after its founding members, Rich Grillotti and Miles Tilmann, decided to fulfill a lifelong dream and make games instead, carried by the momentum of the flourishing scene at the time. After a lot of self-education and determination, the browser game "Gamma Bros" was born. After being nominated in the 2007 Independent Game Festival for best web game, Miles and Rich decided to dive head first into game development and call it their full time job. The web classic Dino Run was released next, followed by a multitude of smaller games made for Adult Swim. "Potatoman Seeks the Troof" followed next, and most recently "Glorkian Warrior: The Trials of Glork", a collaboration with cartoonist James Kochalka.What makes Pixeljam tick?
An insatiable desire to explore the outer limits of the low-resolution / pixelated style in games, art, and music.Currently...
Pixeljam is working on a remake of Dino Run for Steam, Potatoman for iOS / Android / Steam, and Glorkian Warrior for Android / Mac / PC.
Project Press Kits
All The Games
- Glorkian Warrior: Trials of Glork
- Potatoman Seeks the Troof
- Dino Run SE
- Gamma Bros
- Ratmaze Nightmare
- Ratmaze 1
- Ratmaze 2
- Mountain Maniac
- Mountain Maniac Xmas
- Retro Unicorn Attack
- Retro Unicorn Attack: Challe
- Corporate Climber
- Captain Commander
- Cream Wolf
- Hipster Kickball
- Sausage Factory
- Turbo Granny
- Pizza City
- Cookie Party 2
Glorkian Warrior YouTube
Glorkian Warrior:Trials of Glork Update Trailer YouTube
Potatoman Seeks the Troof YouTube
Dino Run YouTube
There are far more images available for Pixeljam, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selction @ E3, Indiecade 2014" - Glorkian Warrior
- "Official Selection, Indiecade 2013" - Potatoman Seeks the Troof
- "Honorable Mention (Excellence in Audio), IGF 2014" - Potatoman Seeks the Troof
- "Best Web Game Nominee, 2007 IGF" - Gamma Bros
- "It’s a ridiculously charming game that makes me smile every time I play it. And I’m not a smiler, people."
- Even Killham, Cult Of Mac Review of "Glorkian Warrior"
- "...the conclusion is beautiful in its use of game mechanics to make the player feel a loss of ability. By making old obstacles suddenly seem impossible, it shows the player what it feels like to surrender oneself to encroaching inevitability, to just give up and embrace what’s coming."
- Travis Pynenburg, Pure Sophistry review of "Potatoman Seeks the Troof"
- "Believe it or not, this simple, Robotron-esque space shooter contains one of the most simple, subtle, and clever methods of developing player/character empathy I've ever witnessed."
- Anthony Burch, Destructoid review of "Gamma Bros"
- "Dino Run is the kind of game that reminds you why you started playing games for the first time... It's pure, simple, its premise has that certain geektastic wetness that games used to
have before they sold out for every shade of brown and two flavors of protagonist."
- Patrick Dugan, Play This Thing! Review of Dino Run
- "All hyperbolic comparisons aside, I had a fascinating experience with Dino Run that has set questions of intimacy and
co-presence loose in my mind for the last few days."
- Kevin Driscoll, Gambit Blog Review of Dino Run
- "I can say this without equivocation: it's the best ice cream van simulator / 8-bit-style werewolf game you will play this year."
- OMAR GALLAGA, NPR.org review of "Creamwolf"
Team & Repeating